Get Your 6.6 on Route 66!
Join Us for Our 9th Annual Run/Walk on Route 66 from Funks Grove to McLean!
On Saturday, August 27, 2022, CORE of McLean, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is holding our 9th annual 6.6k (4.1-mile) run/walk to benefit the community of McLean, IL.
This point-to-point 6.6k/4.1-mile run/walk starts in Funks Grove (shuttle service is provided from McLean to Funks Grove), with participants running or walking on the Mother Road herself to our new park under the old water tower in McLean, which was funded by previous proceeds from this event. This race has become a much-anticipated must-do for many—join us in having a great time raising money for our community!
A Sweet Start
- Parking will be provided in McLean in the open grassy lot just north of the Mobil station/McDonalds (401 S Main St). (No race parking will be available at Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup.)
- Shuttle service to the start at Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup will be provided from 6:45 to 7:15 am. Please be sure you arrive in McLean no later than 7:15 am.
- Pick up your bib between 7 and 7:30 am at Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup. Note: There is no early bib pickup.
- For that extra boost of energy, take a pre-race shot of pure maple sirup! A commemorative shot glass will be provided in your swag bag!
Get Ready, Get Set…
- The race will begin at 8 am on historic Route 66 near the entrance to Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup and continue along the Mother Road, ending near the village square at our new park under the old water tower.
- At the finish line, you can pick up your t-shirt, swag bag, and free refreshments.
After the race, proceed to the square for food, awards, and fun!
All festivities begin at 8 am and end at noon.
- Get your photo taken in front of our custom backdrop to prove you got your 6.6!
- Dig into some tasty post-race brunch items provided by Chubby's Bar and Grill.
- Sip on some cold beer, wine, and other beverages and groove to great tunes in our beverage tent.
- Be sure to stick around to cheer along as awards are given for the best times in each age group!
- Find a new friend for life from Ruby’s Rescue and Retreat, who will have adoptable dogs and puppies ready to meet you as well as a silent auction with great items donated to benefit the shelter.
- Check out antique, classic, and new cars, trucks, and motorcycles at a cruise-in organized by Mid State Cruisers.
- Registration is now open! Click here to register online!
- Mail-in registration is also available. Click here to download the form.
- You can also check out our Facebook page and event page.
- Register by July 15 to take advantage of a reduced pre-registration fee of only $40.
- After July 15, the pre-registration fee will be $45 (online registration closes at noon on Friday, August 27). Day-of registration will be available for $55.
- Fee includes:
- T-shirt (unisex sizing, super soft cotton blend; register by August 1st to guarantee a shirt in your size).
- Brunch ticket for Chubby's Bar and Grill (who will have food onsite)
- $3 drink voucher (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) good in our beverage tent
- Commemorative shot glass
- Gifts from our sponsors
You Don’t Have to Run to Get in on the Fun!
- We need volunteers to help with the activities on Saturday! If you’re interested in getting involved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us via our Facebook page.
- Help us spread the word! Click here to download a flyer.
- Or, just come out to cheer on the runners and walkers; check out some classic cars and adorable pups; and socialize with your friends and neighbors! We hope to see you there!
We Love Our Sponsors!
We couldn’t make this event happen every year without the generous support of our sponsors! If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact us at email@example.com or download the sponsorship form here. All sponsors' logos appear on the back of the race shirts, with additional perks for higher levels of sponsorship. Click here for full details about sponsorship levels.
Please visit our Facebook pages: