- Village Board
- Village Office
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Voter Information
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Departments and Resident Services
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Get Your 6.6 on Route 66!
Join Us for Our 6th Annual Run/Walk on Route 66 from Funks Grove to McLean!
On Saturday, August 24, 2019, CORE of McLean, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is holding our 6th annual 6.6k (4.1-mile) run/walk to benefit the community of McLean, IL.
A Sweet Start
- Parking will be provided in McLean in the open grassy lot just north of the Shell station/McDonalds (401 S Main St). (No race parking will be available at Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup.)
- Shuttle service to the start line will be provided from 6:30 to 7:15 am.
- Check in between 6:45 and 7:30 am at Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup.
- For that extra boost of energy, take a pre-race shot of pure maple sirup! A commemorative shot glass will be provided in your swag bag!
Get Ready, Get Set…
- The race will begin at 8 am on historic Route 66 near the entrance to Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup and continue along the Mother Road, ending near the village square.
- At the finish line, you can pick up your t-shirt, swag bag, and free refreshments.
After the race, proceed to the square for food, drinks, and fun!
All festivities begin at 8 am and end at noon.
- Get your photo taken in front of our custom backdrop to prove you got your 6.6!
- Sip on some cold beer, wine, and other beverages and groove to great tunes in our beverage tent.
- Test your skills on vintage arcade games at Arcadia: America’s Playable Arcade Museum.
- Dig into some tasty post-race brunch items provided by the Dixie Restaurant.
- Munch on walking tacos for sale from Sonshine Daycare of McLean.
- Be sure to stick around to cheer along as awards are given for the best times in each age group as well as some special surprise awards including gift certificates from Fleet Feet in Bloomington! Think your time wouldn't qualify you for an award? You might be surprised!
- Find a new friend for life from Ruby’s Rescue and Retreat, who will have adoptable dogs and puppies ready to meet you as well as a silent auction with great items donated to benefit the shelter!
- Check out antique, classic, and new cars, trucks, and motorcycles at a cruise-in organized by Mid State Cruisers.
- Online registration is now open! Click here to register online!
- Mail-in registration is also available! Scroll to the bottom of the page to download the registration form.
- You can also check out our Facebook page and event page.
- Register by July 15 to take advantage of a reduced pre-registration fee of only $35 and to guarantee a t-shirt.
- After July 15, the pre-registration fee will be $40 (online registration closes at noon on Friday, August 23).
- Day-of registration will be available for $50.
- Fee includes:
- T-shirt (unisex sizes, dri-fit material; while supplies last)
- Brunch ticket for the Dixie Restaurant (who will have food onsite)
- $3 drink voucher (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- Commemorative shot glass
- Voucher for $3 free play at Arcadia: America’s Playable Arcade Museum (located on the square)
- Gifts from our sponsors
You Don’t Have to Run to Get in on the Fun!
- We need volunteers to help with the activities on Saturday! If you’re interested in getting involved, please email us at email@example.com or message us via our Facebook page.
- Help us spread the word! Our flyer is available for download at the bottom of this page. Please print out a few and distribute/display at local businesses and social gatherings!
- Or, just come out to enjoy some great food, drinks, and music; cheer on the runners and walkers; check out some classic cars and adorable pups; and socialize with your friends and neighbors! We hope to see you there!
We Love Our Sponsors!
We couldn’t make this event happen every year without the generous support of our sponsors! We're looking for local businesses to make financial or in-kind donations to help cover our costs. In exchange, you'll get your logo on our race shirt – plus more for higher levels of sponsorship! If you’re interested in donating or finding out more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us via our Facebook page.
2019 Get Your 6.6 on Route 66! Parking/Shuttle 2018 Registration at Funks Grove Pure Maple Sirup Maple sirup shots before the race! 2018 Get Your 6.6 on Route 66 Participants in Funks Grove Heading to the start line! And they're off! Heading down the Mother Road! Racing to the finish! Volunteers at the swag booth Ruby's Rescue & Retreat Silent Auction Dixie's Brunch Buffet Beverage Tent 2018 Volunteers at the CORE booth Ruby's Rescue & Retreat Crew in front of the custom backdrop Photo op in front of the custom backdrop! 2018 winning participants pose with their awards! 2018 participants enjoying drinks and music in the beverage tent! Enjoying Dixie brunch in the park! 2018 Classic Car Show on the square Ruby's Rescue & Retreat Silent Auction 2018 Adoptable Dogs from Ruby's Rescue & Retreat 2018 2018 Sponsors on Race Shirt 2018 shot glasses