Brush and Yard Waste Burning and Pickup
Yard Waste/Grass Clippings
It is the policy of the Village that all garden/yard waste and grass clippings are to be bagged. NO EXCEPTIONS! These bags are to be placed at the street for pickup.
Open burning is only allowed the months of March, April, October, and November.
Mon – Sat: 8:00 am to sunset
Sun: 1:00 pm to sunset
Allowable materials to burn:
- Landscape waste (dry vegetation or dry plant refuse)
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BURN TRASH.
- This service is provided by the Village of McLean employees.
- Brush pickup is the 2nd and last Monday of every month. (Exceptions will occur depending on weather and the work schedule of employees.)
- Tree limbs will be picked up ONLY if they are less than 8 feet in length (so they will fit into the truck).
- Limbs/sticks (especially small ones) can be put into garbage cans or totes for easier pick up by employees.
- Garden/yard waste and grass clippings that are bagged will be picked up.
- No construction materials/lumber. These will not be picked up.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is open burning allowed?
Open burning is allowed only during the months of March, April, October, and November. Burning hours are 6 am to 7 pm Monday through Saturday and 1 pm to sunset on Sundays.
What materials can be burned?
Papers, leaves, and landscape waste (dry vegetation or dry plant refuse) may be burned. You are not allowed to burn trash.
When does the Village pick up brush and bagged yard waste placed curbside?
Brush pickup is the 2nd and last Monday of every month, however, exceptions will occur depending on weather and the work schedule of employees.