- Village Board
- Village Office
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Voter Information
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Departments and Resident Services
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Village Board Meeting on 4/6 Canceled - April 03, 2020
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, President Aaron Hammel has canceled the monthly Village Board meeti... [more...]
Water Main Flushing begins Monday, April 6 - April 03, 2020
Notice to all Village Water Customers: Water main flushing begins the we... [more...]
Your Response to the 2020 Census is Critical to Our Community! - April 01, 2020
Federal funds, grants and support to states, counties and communities are based on population tot... [more...]
McLean Village Hall Office Closed to Walk-In Customers - March 19, 2020
Effective immediately, Village President Aaron Hammel has made the decision to close the Village ... [more...]
Brush and Yard Waste Burning and Pickup
Yard Waste/Grass Clippings
It is the policy of the Village that all garden/yard waste and grass clippings are to be bagged. NO EXCEPTIONS! These bags are to be placed at the street for pickup.
Open burning is only allowed the months of March, April, October, and November.
Mon – Sat: 6:00 am to 7:00 pm
Sun: 1:00 pm to sunset
Allowable materials to burn:
- Landscape waste (dry vegetation or dry plant refuse)
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BURN TRASH.
- This service is provided by the Village of McLean employees.
- Brush pickup is the 2nd and last Monday of every month. (Exceptions will occur depending on weather and the work schedule of employees.)
- Tree limbs will be picked up ONLY if they are less than 8 feet in length (so they will fit into the truck).
- Limbs/sticks (especially small ones) can be put into garbage cans or totes for easier pick up by employees.
- Garden/yard waste and grass clippings that are bagged will be picked up.
- No construction materials/lumber. These will not be picked up.
121 South Hamilton Street, McLean, IL 61754
Frequently Asked Questions
When is open burning allowed?
Open burning is allowed only during the months of March, April, October, and November. Burning hours are 6 am to 7 pm Monday through Saturday and 1 pm to sunset on Sundays.
What materials can be burned?
Papers, leaves, and landscape waste (dry vegetation or dry plant refuse) may be burned. You are not allowed to burn trash.
When does the Village pick up brush and bagged yard waste placed curbside?
Brush pickup is the 2nd and last Monday of every month, however, exceptions will occur depending on weather and the work schedule of employees.